UNDER TEXAS LAW (CHAPTER 87, CIVIL PRACTICE AND REMEDIES CODE), A FARM ANIMAL PROFESSIONAL IS NOT LIABLE FOR AN INJURY TO OR THE DEATH OF A PARTICIPANT IN FARM ANIMAL ACTIVITIES RESULTING FROM THE INHERENT RISKS OF FARM ANIMAL ACTIVITIES.
Rules and Regulations
For the safety and wellbeing of everyone involved (Including the HORSES), all rules and regulations are closely observed and enforced.
- Participants 6 years of age or older may ride/guide their own horse unaccompanied. (a liability waver must be signed by guardian)
- Participants under the age of 6 years may ride double with an adult at the discretion of the guardian and trail guide. both participants must fit comfortably/safely in the saddle, without exceeding the max weight for the horse. child must sit in front of parent, in the saddle.
- Participants must weigh 220 pounds or less to ride our horses
- It is standard protocol for all participants to be weighed before the ride.
- Though 220 lb is our max weight, some of our horses have a lower max.
- Participants must read and sign a liability waiver before participating in any GIHPR activity.
- A parent/guardian must sign a liability waiver form for participants under the age of 18.
- Participants are matched with horses based on age, weight and experience level
- All equine activities are at a walk only: no trotting, loping/cantering, or galloping
- NO FEEDING THE HORSES without direct permission from a staff member.
- For your safety DO NOT at any time enter the horse area/pen without permission, none of our horses want to hurt you, but they are very large and potentially dangerous if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time.
- DO NOT approach any horse, stand close to a horse's feet, or walk behind any horse. They are very large and potentially dangerous if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time.
- All minors must be accompanied and under the control of a parent/guardian while at the GIHPR facility.
- DO NOT dismount at any time, for any reason during the ride. If you drop something or have any other issue, you must inform the trail guide who will be close by.
- Picture taking is free with any trail ride. If you would like the trail guide to take your picture, they will be happy to oblige. We do not provide pictures with trail rides.
- Large personal belongings (bags, purses,...ect) are not permitted on the trail ride and can not be left at our facilities. We are not responsible for theft or damage to anyone’s personal property.
- IT IS A MANDATORY REQUIREMENT TO OBEY THE TRAIL GUIDE AT ALL TIMES. IF THIS RULE IS NOT MET YOUR RIDE WILL BE DISCONTINUED AND YOU WILL HAVE TO WALK BACK. THE TRAIL GUIDE HAS THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE ANY RIDE AT ANY TIME. No refunds.
- Riding helmets are not required but are available upon request. Minors are required to use a helmet at the discretion of the adult guardian.
- We know and love all of our horses and are willing to lose profit and or customers for their safety/wellbeing.
- We care about and appreciate all of our customers but our horses will always come first. I know anyone that rides with us will understand and appreciate this characteristic.
- If we are just returning from a ride, be patient and prepared to wait up to 30 minutes before the next ride to allow all of the horses to get a drink of water and a short break.
- If you are a walk-up without a reservation, be prepared to wait an undefined amount of time. The horses may be on a break and we will not skip there break for a walk-up. If the wait will be lengthy, we will let you know when the horses will be available and give you a time to come back.
- All of our horses are ridden and trained western.
- Some of our horses are small and therefore have lower rider weight limits.
- Our horses work on love and affection. It is free to pet the horses and they welcome the attention.
- Make a reservations using the online Reservation form. We also accept requests via phone, email or PM.
- Reservations are free to make, cancel or change at any time.
- Any reservation may be canceled/rescheduled due to unforeseen events (eg. bad weather).
- Payment is not required until after your ride and can be in the form of cash, credit, or gift card (tax applies).
- Walk ups are also accepted when we are open and have enough horses for everyone.
- The following information is required for reservations:
- 1) Name & cell phone number
- 2) Date & time preferred
- 3) Ride type (30 minute, 60 minute, private sunset, photo-shoot,...ect.)
- 4) Number of adults with weights for each
- 5) Number of minors with ages for each
- 6) Riding level of all participants (Novice, intermediate, or advanced)
- Reservations can be canceled or rescheduled at any time.
- The earlier we are notified about changes to your plans the better.
- If you are late for your scheduled ride we will most likely have to reschedule you for a different time or day.
- If you are running late please notify us immediately! We will let you know if the ride must be rescheduled or if we have room for flexibility that day.
Private Sunset rides
- Sunset trail rides are private and require a reservation (No walk-ups).
- Private Sunset reservations must be confirmed by 12:00 PM the day of your ride via phone (409) 256-0663.
- The price for the private sunset ride is fixed. If you decide to shorten the ride, the same fee applies.
Thank you for taking the time to read the rules and regulations. Have a fun and safe ride!
A Release and Waiver of Liability form will need to be read, filled out, and signed by each participant upon arrival. A guardian's signature is required for minors. Forms may be completed ahead of time, or filled out on location.